Michael Noto, a Baton Rouge, Louisiana band leader, drummer and vocalist for Stormy (the band) for the past 35 years, has played drums backing many national recording artists. He has received a gold and platinum album for work on one song with Tom Johnson of the Doobie Brothers and Leon Medica from the band Louisiana LeRoux for a tune that was on the Dirty Dancing soundtrack.
Besides his regular band Stormy, Michael also has had many side projects going and subs with many other area bands when time will allow.
Stormy is still going strong, playing most weekends in the Gulf Coast States, but having done many gigs all over the United States. Stormy’s home base is Baton Rouge, with eight (8) band members and two (2) roadies, we are scattered all over Louisiana, including one member who lives in Gulfport, Mississippi. Most of our gigs are corporate events, festivals and wedding receptions. I would say about 80% of our gigs are in Baton Rouge and New Orleans area but we will travel just about anywhere for the other 20%. People ask me how I keep such a large band together for so many years: I surround myself with the best musicians I can find, and the rest is easy!
Michael was a past president of the Baton Rouge Musicians Association AFM Local 538.